Thursday 30 November 2023

New watercolours from Rosa Gallery

 I have wanted to upgrade my watercolour paints to better quality for a little while.   Winsor and Newton professional or Daniel Smith are just a bit too much for my budget so I was looking at some reviews and Rosa Gallery paints, made in Ukraine seemed to be a good option.  They are mid range and can also be bought in single pans.  So I bought a 28 set and waited for them to arrive.

I have only swatched them so far, on the card that came with them and in my swatch book.  I can report that they are lovely and creamy, and don't need a lot of water or brush work to activate. My current student grade paints need a fair bit of brush work to get them going.


In my enthusiasm to swatch them, I managed to have two of the same green on the card that came with the paints.  I added the black at the top instead.
Lots of little blocks of colour in my swatch book - it makes me happy!
I particularly like the blues and greens.  I have ordered a few more colours which I think I will need, such as Opera Rose, Cobalt Turquoise and a white, which is useful to have.
I'll let you know how I get on.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting. I look forward to seeing what you create - and love your support of Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I'm looking forward to seeing what I create too! Supporting Ukraine is important and I 'm pleased I can do it in a small way.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. How exciting Ellie!! I think I would get VeRy excited about new watercolours too. And those little squares of swatches on the page - just delightful. Almost makes you want to frame it!! 🖤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. Swatching new colours is one of my favourite things to do. I'd be very happy to frame the swatches too!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete