Friday 17 September 2010

A jewel colour

A wonderful deep purple-blue that is in my garden at the moment. It is nearly the shade of lapis lazuli, but as it has a purple undertone, perhaps it is more a quadruple A tanzanite. Whichever it resembles, it is a stunning colour for this time of year. The plant is Caryopteris cladonensis 'Grand Bleu' which I planted to replace a Caryopteris cladonensis 'Heavenly Blue' which was affected by a soil problem I had. (Hopefully, having replaced the soil, this plant will continue to do well.)
It also has the added delight of scented leaves which have a slightly minty but certainly herby fragrance. It is good to have shrubs that can be relied on to perform during this rather changeable and unsettled weather we have. Although my garden is small, I have managed to fit quite a lot in, but it does mean that walking down the path can be rather a hazardous experience as there are lots of pots to negotiate your way past. If only I could have my half-acre plot...

No comments:

Post a Comment