Tuesday 1 April 2014

Scruffy's April Fool joke

 
 You may remember Scruffy, one of our cats - seen above, trying to squeeze into a box.  He is full of mischief and outdid himself yesterday morning playing a very good joke on me.  I decided to post about it today as it would have been a perfect April Fool.  Imagine the scene...I had got up and was just about to go to the bathroom when something caught my eye.  There on the floor was a dead creature - a mouse, or a shrew.  I peered at it in the dim light.  I wasn't sure I wanted to touch it, but knew I couldn't leave it there, so scooped it into the dustpan.
 On looking more closely in the light, I realised it wasn't a real animal, it was a toy!  (I know this might seem obvious because you can see the tag in the photos and the flash has brightened it up too.)
In my defence, I was still slightly drowsy and it was in a dim light.  However, now I'm wondering where on earth did he get it from?  Has some poor cat in the neighbourhood lost his precious favourite toy?  It has cat nip in it I think, because he was playing with it yesterday and could find it no matter where I put it.  It still makes me jump when I see it unexpectedly!  Good joke, Scruffy!

10 comments:

  1. That's so funny, he must have been in some one's house or found it in a garden. I must say I would have fallen for that. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Briony. It still makes me do a double take when I see it sprawled on the floor! I have just washed it as it looked so disreputable and was probably full of germs, but Scruffy still seems to love it!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Ah bless, I bet he found it in another cat's garden. A friend of ours had a cat that found a feather duster from somewhere and tried to get it in through his cat flap! They are funny little creatures arent they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. Yes, they really are! I put it up on the side and he jumps up to get it! He has just been throwing it round the kitchen! As I said, I have had to wash it though - ugh! I think it is his favourite thing at the moment.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Ha ha thats so cute, I had a cat that used to steal from a cat up the road, I had to return them all one week!!
    glad you are joining in with the sew-along, I hope you enjoy it when you get your pattern!!
    Bestest daisy j x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and a big welcome, Daisy. That toy really has become Scruffy's favourite thing! I am really looking forward to taking part in the sew-along but still no sign of the pattern as yet. I am hoping it turns up for the weekend as I have got everything else I need to get going.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. That made me smile and, I have to say, that I would have thought it was real too. But at least this one is less distasteful to dispose of. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gillian. I must admit that I haven't disposed of it - Scruffy loves playing with it too much. However, I have washed it and put some stuffing in it too. The things we do for our pets!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Haha, so he got himself a new toy to surprise you!
    Funny cat :-).
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mirjam. Yes he did and we still don't know where he found it! It was quite a surprise! He is a very mischievous little cat.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete